As we approach 2018, the Cornell Club of Greater Buffalo wishes you a happy and healthy holiday season. We look forward to another great year of sharing Cornellian spirit and growing together in our community.
Happy Holidays and best wishes in 2018.
The Harvard Club of Buffalo is hosting a Joint Ivy Holiday Event during the week between Christmas and New Year’s, and you’re invited! This casual event at Lafayette Brewery Company in the Lafayette Hotel will be a chance to meet new alumni and current students in the area.
So come on downtown next Wednesday, Dec 27, 5:30-7:30pm. They’ll be a cash bar but please RSVP in advance to H. Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also –> check out our event details page for other upcoming events such as…
- CORNELL CARES Save the date for Cornell Cares Day, which we’ll celebrate with Cornellians around the world by volunteering as a collective in our local communities. On January 6th, we will be working alongside Goodwill Industries in Buffalo. Friends and family are welcome to join! Sign up today
- HOCKEY IN ITHACA Sign up for the hockey game at Lynah Rink on February 3rd! We’ll meet in Ithaca with friends and family (kids welcome!) to cheer on the men’s hockey match-up against RPI. Make a weekend out of it — hike at Taughannock Falls State Park, grab breakfast at Carriage House Cafe, or wander around the Commons, which might look very different from your last trip to Ithaca. See our event listing for game details and tickets
On Saturday, December 2, Nancy Spector (Agriculture and Life Sciences ‘79; BFA School of the Art Institute of Chicago ’90) will lead us on a tour of the galleries at the Burchfield-Penney based upon a theme near and dear to all Cornellian hearts: SEEING RED. Tapping into her knowledge as a current Burchfield-Penney docent, Nancy will facilitate a conversation allowing participants to look at and learn about selected artworks with the theme and express their own reactions and interpretations.
After the tour, those who wish are welcome to stick around for a self-funded “healthy-style” lunch at the Museum Café run by Don Wharfe, formerly manager at the Buffalo Yacht Club & Albright-Knox.
Plan to arrive by 10:15 on December 2nd, cost is $5 so register now, there are only seven spots left. Any Questions? Please contact Jim Schneider ’87 at email@example.com.
The Cornell Club of Greater Buffalo is pleased to announce the newest addition to the Buffalo community:
The mission of the Cornell Buffalo Business Network (“CBBN”) is to Promote interaction among Cornellians in the WNY business community and facilitate access to business resources at Cornell University. Join us at our inaugural event on November 16th to:
- Network and build relationships with other Cornellians in the Buffalo business community
- Hear about input received from our survey of suggested CBBN events & initiatives
- Learn about our Cornell Club of Greater Buffalo Directory on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2141930
- Suggest events & initiatives that interest you
Bring your business cards! Optional – send us your headshot, name, business, title and Cornell school & year to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in our slide show at the event.
We hope to see you at Lakeward Spirits on November 16th, please register by November 14, cost is $10 and includes light refreshments. Cash bar.
Please contact Kelly Scherer email@example.com with any questions.
Reminiscent of your Chapter House glory days (RIP), join your fellow Cornellians for a night of pub trivia at Cole’s! The event is in the popular Geeks Who Drink format and covers everything from celebrities in trouble to wordplay to bad television shows. Show off what you learned in Wines, Magical Mushrooms, Mischievous Molds, Introductory Oceanography and Human Bonding.
Table reservations begin at 7:30 to allow participants time to order food and drinks (There is no cost to participate, but personal consumption is the responsibility of the person). Trivia begins at 8:00.
Please register in advance and reach out to Sarah Piskun (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.